Your Kestrel should be re-calibrated if the Relative Humidity (RH) sensor has been replaced or has shown drift in its RH measurement.
The large container is used to create a stable environment. The small containers are used to hold the saturated salt solution. The saturated salt solutions generate well-defined humidity when they are confined to a contained environment.
The RH calibration kit includes the following items:
- Three clear, sealable containers
- One container with magnesium chloride solution
- One container with sodium chloride solution
- Two wooden scrapers
- An insulated carrying case to hold all of the above and maintain a stable environment while performing calibration
- Not intended for Kestrel 5 Series Meters