NK SpeedCoach SUP 2 Stand Up Paddle Board Monitor with Training Pack
The only performance monitor specifically designed for stand up paddle boarding (SUP)
Elevate your training and fitness with precise data from every stroke. Maximize your competitive edge on the SUP circuit or your recreational paddle progression with the proper performance monitoring equipment tailored to your individual needs. The SpeedCoach SUP 2 is an ideal device for athletes of all capabilities to utilize for training and keeping fit.
SpeedCoach SUP 2 Features:
- The Training Pack enables users to create programmable workouts directly on the device, based on either time or distance. Pre-loaded settings include 5 customizable exercises, accessible with a few simple steps.
- Compatible with LiNK – NK’s Connected Environment of Apps, Web Analytics and Sensors (Training Pack Only) – SpeedCoach SUP is able to enhance performance with Bluetooth® Smart wireless connection to heart rate belts, sensors, phones, tablets, PCs (dongle needed) and Macs (coming soon!), plus cloud connection, analytics, and third party training apps for tracking in real-time.
- Wireless Data Transfer (Training Pack Only) – Transfer data from the SUP monitor to your PC for review via LiNK and then export as a CSV file for further analysis or as a FIT file to transfer to compatible third-party websites. Map your course, share results with others on social media, and compete with paddlers for better performance.
- Heart Rate Belt Compatible (Training Pack Only) – Compatible with any Bluetooth® Smart (Also called Bluetooth 4.0 or BLE) heart rate belt. SUP-specific calorie equation incorporates heart rate feature to provide the most accurate energy expenditure calculation for intense paddlers.
- Wireless Firmware Upgradeability - Enhance the LiNK environment via updates as they become available. Note: Bluetooth® Smart Dongle Needed.
- Receive instant readings (Velocity, Cadence, Glide, Distance Per Stroke, Heart Rate, Calories Burned) to refine paddling and attain racing or exercise objectives.
- View Total Calories Burned and Calorie Burn per Hour based on NK’s proprietary SUP-specific equation. Track your energy expenditure as calories using your base metrics of height, weight, age and a propriety algorithm for calculation of submaximal oxygen consumption.
- View interval summaries and recall up to 25 hours of data with the NK SpeedCoach SUP 2 Stand Up Paddle Board Performance Monitor's enhanced on-unit memory.
- Wirelessly Updateable Firmware (Dongle Required)
- Two Flex Fields – Organize your display with the fields you want to see.
- Auto Backlight
- Crisp, High Resolution Graphical Display – View your display night or day without having to adjust your paddling technique. Large digits are bold and easy to read.
- Rechargeable Batteries – 5-8 hours of paddling time (based on backlight usage)
SpeedCoach SUP 2 Includes:
- Adjustable surface mount
- Floating key fob
- Carry case
- Bluetooth® Smart Dongle(Included with Training Pack purchase)
NK SUP-Specific Calorie Equation
SpeedCoach SUP 2 is the only product with a SUP-specific calorie equation. NK & Montana researchers collaborated to create an equation accounting for three SUP profiles & energy use.
NK, along with the research staff at the University of Montana performed testing and research to come up with a metabolic equation for stand up paddle board activity. We collected metrics including heart rate, metabolic cost, and oxygen consumption to build an equation that will allow recreational paddlers, advanced paddlers, and racers evaluate the energy demands of their training sessions or events.
The SpeedCoach SUP 2 enables tracking of Total Calories Burned and Calories Burned per Hour, via input of height, weight and age and a proprietary algorithm that calculates submaximal oxygen consumption (VO2) to determine energy expenditure.
What is LiNK?
LiNK is NK's connected ecosystem, providing the SpeedCoach GPS platform with enhanced performance-enhancing capabilities. It boasts wireless Bluetooth Smart connectivity to heart rate belts, sensors, phones, tablets, PC's (dongle required) and Macs, as well as cloud connectivity, web analytics and real-time tracking via apps. Currently, its features include:
- Wirelessly transfer just go and workout interval data to PC for viewing and storage.
- Export data to charting and analysis programs, such as Excel, via CSV.
- Export data to FIT file format to enable transfer to third-party websites, such as Endomondo, Strava and any FIT-compatible site.
Note: Bluetooth Smart products will NOT work with ANT+ heart rate belts. Bluetooth Smart belts are compatible with all iOS fitness tracking apps.
Kestrel LiNK App for iOS (iPhone / iPad), Android, Windows & Mac