Kestrel 5500FW Fire Weather Meter Pro
Shipping & Returns
Free Shipping in the USA | 45 Day Returns | Ships Worldwide
The Kestrel 5500FW Fire Weather Meter Pro Measures
5 Year Manufacturer's Warranty
Every critical weather measurement, PIG and FDFM: Measure, log, track trends, expand with free Kestrel LiNK App.
The Kestrel 5500 Fire Weather Meter Pro is a fast and simple instrument for taking environmental readings with NIST-traceable accuracy, reliability, and user-friendliness. Measure wind, temp, RH, pressure and PIG/FDFM, and track changes on the device's data graphing. Tough and resilient for use in tough outdoor conditions, you can also choose from a selection of carrying cases for your Kestrel Fire Weather meter. With a clear, high-contrast display featuring large, easily legible numerals, this is your go-to tool for fire weather monitoring.The Kestrel 5500 is equipped with a dual color backlight, durable polycarbonate lens and AA battery power. Additionally, this tool records and stores up to 10,000 sets of time-stamped data, conveying an entire history of conditions on the fireground. By utilizing the optional LiNK wireless technology, users can transfer data logs to the Kestrel LiNK app (Android and iOS compatible) and share with FBAN or meteorologists. The data can also be downloaded to a PC with the Kestrel LiNK Dongle or USB Data Transfer Cable (sold separately).
- Altitude (Barometric)
- Barometric Pressure
- Density Altitude
- Dew Point Temperature
- Direction (Wind Direction and Orientation)
- Fine Dead Fuel Moisture (FDFM)
- Heat Stress Index
- Pressure Trend
- Probability of Ignition (PIG)
- Relative Humidity
- Station Pressure (Absolute Pressure)
- Wet Bulb Temperature (Psychrometric)
- Wind Chill
- Wind Speed
- Measures wind speed and direction, temperature, humidity, barometric pressure and altitude.
- 14 total meteorological parameters measured, calculated and displayed real-time and stored in memory for monitoring trends.
- Probability of Ignition (PIG) and Fine Dead Fuel Moisture (FDFM) built-in for readings with no reference tables needed.
- Quick and consistently accurate measurements reduce the risk of human error possible with manual weather kits.
- Large, hi-res, hi-contrast, graphic display is perfectly readable in the brightest sunlight and is backlit for nighttime use.
- Optional LiNK connectivity powered by Bluetooth® low energy provides wireless communication to mobile devices and computers for in-depth analysis, export and easy communication to FBANs and other crews.
- Clip into the Kestrel Rotating Vane Mount to make the world’s most portable weather station (included with Pro model).
- Rugged (drop tested to MIL-STD-810G standards), waterproof (sealed to IP67 standards) and floats.
- Protective pouch, neck lanyard and Lithium AA battery included.
- 5-year warranty.
What's in the box?
- Neck Lanyard
- AA Lithium Battery (Average Life 400 Hours)
- Protective Drawstring Pouch
- Certificate of Conformity (with complete specifications)
- Instruction Manual
- Five Year Warranty
Wirelessly connect with iOS and Android devices. When in range, view real-time measurements, receive on-screen alerts and download your data. Logged data can be viewed, analyzed, archived and shared via e-mail, Facebook and Twitter. Enables firmware update of all Kestrel 5 series meters. NOTE: Range up to 100’ line of sight – reduced by walls and obstructions.
Kestrel Weather & Environmental Meters are engineered and constructed in the U.S.A., and a 5-year guarantee from the manufacturer is provided. This high-tech equipment is designed for consistency and precision, even in extreme atmospheric circumstances. Kestrels are exceptionally resilient, drop-tested, waterproof, and possess buoyancy.