Kestrel 5500 Handheld Pocket Weather Meter - Standard Model
Shipping & Returns
Free Shipping in the USA | 45 Day Returns | Ships Worldwide
The Kestrel 5500 Weather Meter Measures
5 Year Manufacturer's Warranty
The Kestrel 5500 Handheld Pocket Weather Meter - Standard Model offers a complete overview of external conditions, with the option to monitor in real-time or store up to 10,000 sets of time-stamped data.
The Kestrel 5500 measures every environmental condition plus wind direction, crosswind and headwind/tailwind. Use it golfing, sailing, flying, spraying, shooting and more. Drop-proof, dust-proof, waterproof and able to withstand extreme environments, your Kestrel weather meter travels with you anywhere you dare to go. The Kestrel 5500 has a larger, higher-resolution and contrast built-in dual color backlit display, made from extra-strong polycarbonate lens for improved font readability. Like all Kestrel meters, the Kestrel 5500 is drop-proof, dust-proof, waterproof and able to withstand harsh environments without damage – so it can so it can work or play as hard as you do, wherever you do.
The Kestrel 5500 offers the capacity to store over 10,000 sets of time-stamped data which may subsequently be transferred to a compatible Windows or Mac using the USB Data Transfer Cable (sold separately).
The multifunctionality of the Kestrel 5500 expands with the Kestrel Vane Mount, engineered for a secure connection to tripods and other ¼-20 fitted brackets. Installed, the Kestrel 5500 functions as an extensive weather station, available to purchase as an add-on in our Accessories section.
- Altitude (Barometric)
- Barometric Pressure
- Density Altitude
- Dew Point Temperature
- Direction (Wind Direction and Orientation)
- Headwind / Tailwind
- Heat Stress Index
- Relative Humidity
- Station Pressure (Absolute Pressure)
- Wet Bulb Temperature (Psychrometric)
- Wind Chill
- Wind Speed
- Easy to read, high resolution screen (standard and NV backlit).
- Time & date
- Waterproof & floats
- Exterior temperature, humidity & pressure sensors for fast & accurate readings
- Humidity sensor can soon be calibrated in the field via cable or Dongle.
- Min, Max & Average values
- Automatically store measurements, when powered on or off
- Manually store measurements with the press of a button
- Customizable data storage - 10,000 data points
- Graph & recall trends
- Customize screens to display user-selected measurements
- Data charting
- Data upload to Windows or Mac computers with optional USB Data Transfer Cable
- Languages: English, French, Spanish, German & Italian
- User-replaceable impeller
- impeller cover allows use of other functions & protecting the impeller
- All instruments and accessories are completely assembled in the USA
What's in the box?
- Kestrel 5500 Weather Meter - Standard Model (Non Bluetooth)
- Neck Lanyard
- AA Lithium Battery (Average Life 400 Hours)
- Protective Drawstring Pouch
- Certificate of Conformity (with complete specifications)
- Instruction Manual
- 5-Year Warranty
All Kestrel Weather & Environmental Meters are designed & manufactured in the U.S.A and are backed by a Manufacturer's 5-year warranty. Using cutting edge innovation and technology, Kestrel Instruments are designed for stability and accuracy in abrupt condition changes. Rugged and durable, Kestrels are drop tested, waterproof and designed to float if dropped in water.