The next generation of environmental conditions monitoring is the here with the Kestrel 5000 Environmental Meter.
Wind speed, temperature, humidity, barometric pressure and density altitude plus logging capabilities – the indispensable tool for portable environmental monitoring.
The Kestrel 5000 Environmental Meter is a remarkably powerful measuring and data logging tool, yet remarkably compact. The Kestrel 5000 provides the same trusted accuracy, reliability, and usability as the original Kestrel 4000. Use it for research, safety, expeditions, agriculture and any other profession or activity where accurate on-the-spot conditions monitoring is key.
The Kestrel 5000 also tracks and logs over 10,000 sets of time-stamped data.
There are two versions of the 5000. The 5000 and the 5000 with LiNK. Both units can transfer data to a Windows or Mac computer with the optional waterproof Kestrel Data Transfer Cable and the appropriate Kestrel LiNK app (See Below).
The 5000 with LiNK Bluetooth Connectivity, gives you the option to transfer data wirelessly to an iOS (iPhone, iPad) device or Android smartphone or tablet when within range using the appropriate app (See Below). Also with the 5000 with LiNK Meter, you can transfer data wirelessly to a Windows or Mac computer using the optional Kestrel Bluetooth USB Dongle.
Improved font readability with it’s larger, higher-resolution / contrast display & built-in dual color backlight. Also available with optional LiNK iOS & Android wireless connectivity & app support. The 5000 is drop-proof, dust-proof, waterproof and able to withstand harsh environments.
From U.S. Special Forces, combat weather teams, wildland firefighters, smoke jumpers, Mt. Everest expeditions and auto pit crews the 5000 gives them the crucial environmental data they need. Watch any on-screen meteorologist during a hurricane, and you’re sure to spot a Kestrel in action. Researchers have relied on Kestrel’s accuracy and portability for nearly 20 years, and you’ll find Kestrel referenced in many a peer-reviewed journal article. If environmental conditions are important in your profession or favorite activity, there is no better partner.
- Current wind speed
- Average wind speed
- Maximum wind gust
- Barometric pressure
- Pressure trend
- Relative humidity
- Heat stress index
- Dew point
- Wet bulb temperature
- Density altitude
- Wind chill
- Air, water, and snow temperature
- Easy to read, high resolution screen (standard and NV backlit).
- Time & date
- Waterproof & floats
- Exterior temperature, humidity & pressure sensors for fast & accurate readings
- Humidity sensor can soon be calibrated in the field via cable or Dongle.
- Min, Max & Average values
- Automatically store measurements, when powered on or off
- Manually store measurements with the press of a button
- Customizable data storage - 10,000 data points
- Graph & recall trends
- Customize screens to display user-selected measurements
- Data charting
- Data upload to iOS & Android phones & tablets
- Data upload to Windows or Mac computers with optional USB Data Transfer Cable
- Data upload to Windows & Mac computers via wireless Bluetooth (LiNK Enabled Meters only with the optional Kestrel Dongle)
- Languages: English, French, Spanish, German & Italian
- User-replaceable impeller
- impeller cover allows use of other functions & protecting the impeller
- All instruments and accessories are completely assembled in the USA
What's in the box?
- Kestrel 5000 Weather Meter
- Neck Lanyard
- AA Lithium Battery (Average Life 400 Hours)
- Protective Drawstring Pouch
- Certificate of Conformity (with complete specifications)
- Instruction Manual
- 5-Year Warranty
|All Kestrel Weather & Environmental Meters are designed & manufactured in the U.S.A and are backed by a Manufacturer's 5-year warranty. Using cutting edge innovation and technology, Kestrel Instruments are designed for stability and accuracy in abrupt condition changes. Rugged and durable, Kestrels are drop tested, waterproof and designed to float if dropped in water.