Accurate environmental conditions, not from a distant weather station but from the palm of your hand with the Kestrel 5500 Handheld Pocket Weather Meter!
Wind speed, temperature, humidity, barometric pressure, wind direction and density altitude plus logging capabilities – the indispensable tool for portable environmental monitoring.
The Kestrel 5500 measures every environmental condition plus wind direction, crosswind and headwind/tailwind. Use it golfing, sailing, flying, spraying, shooting and more. Drop-proof, dust-proof, waterproof and able to withstand extreme environments, your Kestrel weather meter travels with you anywhere you dare to go. The Kestrel 5500 has a larger, higher-resolution and contrast built-in dual color backlit display, made from extra-strong polycarbonate lens for improved font readability. Download the Kestrel LiNK app for iOS and Android to download and view your data in the FREE app. Like all Kestrel meters, the Kestrel 5500 is drop-proof, dust-proof, waterproof and able to withstand harsh environments without damage – so it can so it can work or play as hard as you do, wherever you do.
In addition to measuring the current environmental conditions, the Kestrel 5500 tracks and logs over 10,000 sets of time-stamped data. Your data log can be transferred to a iOS/Android device wirelessly with the LiNK wireless communication option and the Kestrel LiNK app, or to a Windows PC or Mac with either the accessory Kestrel LiNK Dongle or waterproof USB Data Transfer Cable (Both sold separately).The true versatility of the Kestrel 5500 becomes apparent with the addition of the Kestrel Vane Mount. This precision-engineered accessory securely mounts the Kestrel 5500 to any tripod or other ¼-20 fitted bracket. Once mounted, the Kestrel 5500 becomes a full-featured weather station. Select "Add LiNK (Bluetooth Connectivity) + Vane Mount" or select the standard 5500 and purchase the vane mount separately in our Accessories section.
- Altitude (Barometric)
- Barometric Pressure
- Density Altitude
- Dew Point Temperature
- Direction (Wind Direction and Orientation)
- Headwind / Tailwind
- Heat Stress Index
- Relative Humidity
- Station Pressure (Absolute Pressure)
- Wet Bulb Temperature (Psychrometric)
- Wind Chill
- Wind Speed
- Easy to read, high resolution screen (standard and NV backlit).
- Time & date
- Waterproof & floats
- Exterior temperature, humidity & pressure sensors for fast & accurate readings
- Humidity sensor can soon be calibrated in the field via cable or Dongle.
- Min, Max & Average values
- Automatically store measurements, when powered on or off
- Manually store measurements with the press of a button
- Customizable data storage - 10,000 data points
- Graph & recall trends
- Customize screens to display user-selected measurements
- Data charting
- Data upload to iOS & Android phones & tablets
- Data upload to Windows or Mac computers with optional USB Data Transfer Cable
- Data upload to Windows & Mac computers via wireless Bluetooth (LiNK Enabled Meters only with the optional Kestrel Dongle)
- Languages: English, French, Spanish, German & Italian
- User-replaceable impeller
- impeller cover allows use of other functions & protecting the impeller
- All instruments and accessories are completely assembled in the USA
What's in the box?
- Kestrel 5500 Weather Meter
- Kestrel Vane Mount
- Padded, Zippered Case which fits both the Kestrel Vane Mount and 5 Series Meter
- Neck Lanyard
- AA Lithium Battery (Average Life 400 Hours)
- Protective Drawstring Pouch
- Certificate of Conformity (with complete specifications)
- Instruction Manual
- 5-Year Warranty
|All Kestrel Weather & Environmental Meters are designed & manufactured in the U.S.A and are backed by a Manufacturer's 5-year warranty. Using cutting edge innovation and technology, Kestrel Instruments are designed for stability and accuracy in abrupt condition changes. Rugged and durable, Kestrels are drop tested, waterproof and designed to float if dropped in water.