Get the world's most complete ballistics calculator - a rugged Kestrel 5 Series Weather Meter with the science of accuracy built in!
The Kestrel 5700 Elite Weather Meter features the full power of the Applied Ballistics Elite ballistics solver along with the Litz custom drag models for over 400 bullets. Together with the Kestrel's accurate measurement of wind and air density this power combination delivers elevation and windage solutions for unprecedented accuracy on extended long range shots.
Gun Storage Capacity
Easily store up to 30 custom gun profiles, up from 16, that include an exhaustive list of rifles, loads and accessories to choose from.
View the new Trace value directly on Range Card for a more precise measurement option. The Trace calculation will display the Mils/MOA above your point of aim where the bullet will reach its peak and thus Trace will be most visible.
Optional Privacy Setting
With the addition of a Privacy PIN code in the Bluetooth menu, unauthorized and accidental connections can be prevented. Plus, protect saved data and enjoy increased security by using this Privacy setting in the Kestrel Ballistics LiNK app.
Custom Drag Model Memory
Keep Custom Drag Models saved in profile memory with the ability to seamlessly scroll to G1 or G7 models and back to custom without losing data.
Expanded Bullet Library
Access new and updated information in the Applied Ballistics bullet library via the Kestrel LiNK Ballistics app for an extensive catalogue of bullet data.
Saved User Name
After a firmware update, your Kestrel will now retain the user-generated nickname given to it, making it easier to find in Bluetooth search lists.
Shortcut between Weather & Ballistics Mode
Quickly switch between Weather and Ballistics mode with a simple double-tap action. With this update you’ll now return to the same ballistics screen you were on before switching to weather mode.
What are custom drag profiles and why are they better than G1 & G7 BC's?
Applied Ballistics has been providing custom drag models for use in trajectory prediction for the past several years. Custom Drag Models (CDM’s) for bullets are a more refined way of modeling drag for bullets because you’re not referencing a standard like G1 or G7, rather you’re using the actual measured drag of a specific bullet in a ballistic solver. This results in more accurate trajectory predictions especially thru transonic.
Historically, one of the biggest challenges of calculating accurate trajectories was properly modeling the aerodynamic drag of bullets. Applied Ballistics ongoing live fire research in this area has elevated the state of the art by reducing the uncertainty in this area.
In summary, the measured CDM’s provided by Applied Ballistics have increased the accuracy of ballistic solvers. These CDM’s are available for all 500+ bullets in the AB library, and run on the various platforms and devices which run the AB program. This is the state of the art, in your hands.
Kestrel Elite LiNK enabled units can wirelessly communicate with mobile devices, computers and integrate with LiNK compatible laser range finders for improved peed and accuracy.
- Barometric Pressure
- Density Altitude
- Dew Point Temperature
- Direction (Wind Direction and Orientation)
- Heat Stress Index
- Relative Humidity
- Station Pressure (Absolute Pressure)
- Wet Bulb Temperature (Psychrometric)
- Wind Chill
- Wind Speed
- Backlight - Switchable White/Red
- Ballistics Calculator - Applied Ballistics®
- Battery Life Indicator
- Data Log Graph View
- Data Logging - Adjustable Interval
- Date & Time
- Digital Compass
- Drop-Tested to MIL-STD-810G
- FREE Kestrel LiNK Apps for Windows & Mac*
- FREE Kestrel LiNK Software for iOS and Android*
- High Contrast, Sunlight Readable Monochrome LCD Display
- Integrated Flip Open Impeller Cover
- LiNK Wireless Communication to Mobile Devices (Bluetooth low energy)*
- Multilingual Menus (English, French, Spanish, German)
- Minimum/Maximum/Average Reading
- Pressure Sensor
- Relative Humidity Sensor
- Temperature Sensor (Patented External Isolated)
- Waterproof to IP67 (3'/1M for 30 minutes)
- Advanced Ballistics Data table
- Aerodynamic Jump Correction
- Applied Ballistics Custom Drag Models
- Average and Peak Wind Correction
- *Connect with LiNK Compatible Range Finders
- Coriolis Correction
- Create and store 5 Targets
- Create and store up to 30 Gun/Bullet Profiles
- G1/G7 Drag Models
- High Angle Shot Correction
- Integrated Applied Ballistics Calculator
- Moving Target Lead Correction
- Muzzle Velocity Calibration
- MV-Temp Table
- Range Card
- Spin Drift Correction
- Supports Mil, MOA, Clicks
- Subsonic Range Drop Scale Factor Calibration
- Standard and Night Vision Preserving Backlight
- Target Range Estimator
- Zero Offset
What's in the box?
- Kestrel 5700 Elite Ballistics Weather Meter
- Neck Lanyard
- AA Lithium Battery (Average Life 400 Hours)
- Protective Drawstring Pouch
- Certificate of Conformity (with complete specifications)
- Instruction Manual
- 5-Year Warranty
|All Kestrel Weather & Environmental Meters are designed & manufactured in the U.S.A and are backed by a Manufacturer's 5-year warranty. Using cutting edge innovation and technology, Kestrel Instruments are designed for stability and accuracy in abrupt condition changes. Rugged and durable, Kestrels are drop tested, waterproof and designed to float if dropped in water.